Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December 10 - My Blogging Experience in 2018

Day 10 - Write a post to other bloggers giving them your best advice from your blogging experience in 2018

When I first started my blog back in 2013, I just wanted an online space to post about my interests and hobbies (mainly photography) as well as to connect with the other amazing bloggers in the same niche. 

I had no idea about monetization and it took me a whole year to make the decision to sign up for AdSense.

After I had my second child, I left my blog for a couple of years and this summer I was back to discover many changes in the blogging world.

So, what I learned from my blogging Experience in 2018




. Take it seriously
Blogging is slowly becoming a part-time and sometimes a full-time job so if you really want to make money, you should take it seriously and dedicate your time and efforts to give quality content. 

. Social Media is key 
If you want to grow your audience make sure you are active on all the online platforms, especially Pinterest which can drive the most traffic.

. Subscribe to online blogging Courses. 
There are lots of free courses teaching about Affiliate Marketing and SEO. They can give you strategies on how to gain more followers and increase your audience. 
(I still need to read all the course lessons I get daily on my e-mail)

. Begin with the end in mind. 
Do you want to start blogging as a pastime or you really intend to gradually monetize your blog in the future? 
If you want to earn money, you'd better invest some money first and self-host. It makes it much easier for your blog to grow. ( I still need to make up my mind on this yet:)

. Connect with fellow bloggers in the same niche. Read their blog posts, leave comments, ask questions and share. The best way to find them is to join Blogging Groups on Facebook.

And finally, keep reading and learning every day. 
And what is most important, enjoy what you are doing.

If you are a blogger, you can still join the 31-Day Blog Challenge hosted by Linda Jean from Witte's World Blog and post daily during the whole month of December.



No comments:

Post a Comment