Thursday, April 16, 2020

Coffee Recipes - Dalgona Coffee

I have a sweet tooth so in order to enjoy my coffee with some dessert, I do prefer it dark and sugarless.

Coffee shop menus are really tempting but what they offer is usually too sweet and creamy for me.

I'm not a frequent visitor to coffee shops so if I do go to a coffee shop I either order something new and beautiful for pretty shots or go for my favorite black Coffee or Espresso.



Dalgona Coffee


However, it's been a while a Korean whipped coffee drink called  Dalgona Coffee has been trending on social media and I was too curious not to try it. 

It's super easy to make at home, tastes really delish, will be a perfect thing to offer your guests on hot summer days. 
It can be served both hot and cold. I tried the cold version and I already know that I like it more.


Dalgona Coffee

Ingredients

Equal amounts of  instant coffee, sugar and boiling water 
( I used 3 tablespoons for 2 glasses)
milk of your preference
Irish Cream or Baileys (optional)
Cognac (optional)


Dalgona Coffee


Directions

Whip the coffee, sugar and hot water with a mixer until the mixture becomes light brown, smooth and creamy.
You can whisk them in a narrow bowl but it will take you much longer time and more physical efforts.

Fill the glass with the milk of your preference (hot or cold).
I used my favorite unsweetened almond milk. You can even add ice. 

Add approximately a tablespoon of Irish Cream or Baileys and half a tablespoon of Cognac. 

Pour the frothy coffee mixture on top of the milk and voila, enjoy your Dalgona Coffee while stirring it with a straw or a spoon.

Optional Toppings 

cocoa powder, coffee powder, cinnamon, crumbled biscuits, honey


Dalgona Coffee


I want to thank Nanik from Chef Monkey for sharing her recipe and inspiring me to give it a try. The liquor and the cognac really made it taste special.


Let me know when you try this recipe by tagging me @my_blog_coffee_and_camera or Nanik @nanikik on Instagram.

You can find all my Recipes here.

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely recipe, I'm definitely going to try this out this coming weekend. Thank you for this! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I have never tried instant coffee, but in this recipe it sure sounds good. I like the idea of whipping it up.

    I would modify mine a bit, as I love Caroline's cream liquor. YUMMY!
    I will also probably like it more cold, as I love iced coffee. Thanks for the recipe and the blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, I can imagine that it would taste great as well and refreshing for the hot summer days!
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. I love coffee and that is why I want to learn how to make it. My coffee never taste exactly the same as before, LOL. Every time it changes. I’ll try out this recipe too. Wish me luck ......LOL.

    ReplyDelete