Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wordless Wednesday #26 " Exploring Armenia"

When was the last time you took a trip to explore your country like a tourist?

Are you guilty of craving to travel and explore other countries and cultures while you haven't discovered the hidden gems of your country?

This is the lesson I learned on my own experience. I started appreciating my motherland, its heritage and traditions only when I settled down in another country. 




That is why every time I visit Armenia, I try my best to make the most of it, walk as much as possible and not to miss any event while there.

I purchase lots of souvenirs with the hope to build a small piece of my country in my house, try every dish, especially the ones taking me back to my childhood.


Armenian Traditional Sweet Bread "Gata"

This summer I had an incredibly unforgettable time in Armenia.  I visited new cities, tried new dishes and got acquainted with new traditions.

I also did my first ever hiking (4km in total) under the rain.

The first 2 kilometers was a steep route down a gorge ( I was about to give up here) and the second one along a muddy forest path.

For the Wordless Wednesday I will skip the process and difficulties of the tour and only highlight the satisfied and beautiful ending pictures.








Have you ever been to Armenia?
If no, would you like to?

Would love to hear your answers in the comments section below.

I am linking up with




8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Armenia, but I'd love to visit. I do agree with you about exploring ones own country. I've done a lot of that.

    It's nice to meet you, Lusine.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Armenia but I do love to visit all the hidden gems around our state/town. We often play local tourist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. US is a huge place to always feel like a tourist, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Armenia but you make it sound and look tempting - the Gata looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gata tastes heavenly, one should visit Armenia just to taste it:)

      Delete
  4. Haven't been to Armenia but your motivation and passion made me want to! Beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will become one of your travel destinations. Thanks.

      Delete