Sunday, December 2, 2018

December 2 - How to lose weight and maintain it after losing

Weight loss and maintenance

I used to be an active kid full of energy and with great appetite, spending all my spare time playing outside. But once I became a teenager and stopped playing active games, I started gaining weight. I was never obese but always had 5- 7 extra kilos that made me self-conscious and I always struggled with that extra weight starving myself every summer but the extra kilos always came back by winter:)

But this summer was different. 



So, how I reached my ideal weight and maintained it after losing it

1.  I joined a Facebook Group "Lose Weight by Eating Healthily". 

The daily informative posts, recipes, and even competitions really motivated me. And I finally realized that it's not about losing weight. I want to eat healthily for a healthy body and skin and hair, to have more energy, to avoid mood swings and so more. 
This changed all my mindset.




2. I changed my eating habits.

I replaced white sugar with brown unrefined sugar, dates and honey, cow milk with plant-based milk, potatoes with sweet potatoes, white bread with oat or wholewheat bread and finally, I started taking my morning coffee only after breakfast.





3. I tried new recipes

I started following vegan and healthy eating accounts on Instagram, tried new recipes, enjoyed taking photos and posting them on Instagram too. Gradually my feed became nothing but a healthy eating album.




4. I started exercising




After losing a few kilos I started a Plank challenge with the  Facebook group members and was really amazed at the results. I also found some amazing home workout exercises on YouTube. My favorite is the channel BowFlex that has some awesome exercises.




N.B. I still have cheat days and weeks without exercising but what I know is that a healthy lifestyle is permanent while cheat days are temporary.



4 comments:

  1. I love what you said at the end! Yes! A few "cheat" days are nothing if your overall lifestyle is healthy and well balanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that's right, you can always come back to the right trail

      Delete