Saturday, December 22, 2018

How to Improve Time Management

Do you also feel that time flies, the world moves too fast and there is too much to do?

Do you also keep asking yourself "Everyone has a busy schedule but why some manage to get everything done and some don't?"


The answer is: Time Management.

Being a working mom of 2 kids with loads of house chores, to-do tasks, unfinished projects and shopping lists...24 hours never seem enough.

I am terrible at time planning but I am in constant search for more tips to master it in order to keep my life less stressful and more organized. 

So here I will share 5 tips I am going to try to improve my time management skills.




1- Make a list / planner / schedule 

(check out my free Weekly planner and Blogging planner)

The biggest lie that I tell myself is: "I will remember this".

Why do I have to make my already stressful life more complicated by having to remember so many things?

I am in charge of my time so why not just sit down and make a to-do list?
Unless I plan and write down, I am most likely to keep losing my focus and forgetting something important. I am also going to get a journal to make everything in one place.


2- Prioritize and stop multitasking


Many times by the end of the weekend I realize that though I didn't stop working for a minute I hardly got anything done. Sometimes it just makes me cry.

I will try single-tasking instead of multi-tasking.

One thing at a time. 


After I make a list and write everything down, I will go back to my list and prioritize which is the most important thing to do and focus on it. 

(I can even challenge myself  more by turning off my computer and cell phone while getting it done)


3- Make a morning routine


Let's confess... no matter how early we wake up it's a big waste of time to check a phone or email the first thing in the morning (guilty of this).

Instead, I will think of a more effective and productive morning routine like reading, journaling and exercising.  


4- Set boundaries for social media

I spend tons of time on social media and I know that unless I set limits and boundaries, I will risk wasting loads of time on it.

I am going to turn off notifications when working on something important not to get distracted and focus on the important tasks first.


5- Break big goals into smaller tasks


Even if I am clear what goal I am to accomplish but unless I break it into smaller tasks and steps I will waste a lot of time in reaching it. 

I will try to have a system or a plan of action to reach my goal and schedule each of them. 
I do hope I will be better at time planning and will help someone on the road with me too.

Pin for later





No comments:

Post a Comment