Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Are you an Introvert? Answer 10 questions to find out

How old were you when you first learnt about introverts and extroverts? Me, in my late twenties...


When you are an adult and you are mature enough to accept your flaws and strengths, you find it normal to have only a small circle of friends but in your adolescence years, the social pressure to be well-liked and socialize may leave you with a complex of inferiority.

As I child, I was always active with my close friends but shy and awkward with a new group of people. Still, I didn't feel lots of difference between my peers and me.

Though I hated summer camps as it was always overwhelming to meet new people and make new friends but I was usually "adopted" by an extrovert and used to enjoy my time.

Lucky me!



It was during my teenage years that I first started feeling that something was wrong with me as I was not like most of my acquaintances.

I would spend most of my time daydreaming and reading books. I would cancel invitations and big parties for the fear of behaving awkwardly in front of strangers. 

I hated my personality and lack of confidence and used to blame no one but myself.

Little did I know then that not everyone is wired in the same way. I had no idea about the 2 personality types: introverts and extroverts.


 - I wish I knew at that time that being quiet and preferring calm was not a flaw.

- I wish I knew that there were lots of people like me called introverts and they just regain their energy by spending some time alone.

-I wish I could tell myself to keep reading and enjoying my time instead of suffering and feeling depressed and rejected.

It is so important to find out and accept your personality type as early as possible in order to avoid burnouts as we live in a world where introverts are often misunderstood and shamed for their behavior.

I have compiled 10 simple questions that can help you find out if you are an introvert. The more often you answer Yes, the more introverted you probably are. 


You can download the printable "Are you an Introvert"for free from my Scribd account below







I would love to hear how many Yes answers you had.

Leave your results in the comments section below.



10 comments:

  1. All ten yes. I know that I am a big time introvert. Something that people don't understand. #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they just have no idea about introverts and extroverts

      Delete
  2. WoW. I thought I was more of an extrovert but it appears I am 100% introvert. I got 10/10. Interesting post. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are late to find that out, aren't we?

      Delete
  3. 100% introvert here!


    No/ ten in the list is totally me!

    -Lena
    www.lenasnotebook.co.uk
    www.artbylena.bicartel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, glad to find out that many of the talented people I follow are introverts:)

      Delete
  4. I am definitely an introvert and my eldest is the same whereas my younger 2 are much more confident. Thankfully my husband is also an introvert so we spend lots of time being quiet :) Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think an introvert-introvert match as a couple is a blessing:)Glad to hear that you get along well:)

      Delete
  5. It's funny what age does to us. Up until about 8 years ago I was a total extrovert.... I soon began to see myself, my values and my friends change. If you looked at the me of 10 years ago and the me of now, you would have no idea we were the same person other than physical characteristics. To be honest.... I'm an introvert now and I'm definitely not mad about it. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's interesting, maybe before you acted more under the influence of social norms and etiquette not your true self.

      Delete