Monday, October 21, 2019

5 Tips to Pack for a Vacation

Travelling has become an anti-stress prescription that lets me discover new places, new cultures, relax from everyday chores and do what I love most, taking lots of amazing shots. It teaches you about the world, makes you more tolerant and independent and provides you with unforgettable memories and experiences.

However, there are a few things that stress me when traveling. 

I am one of those people who takes traveling so seriously that gets very worried and anxious before every trip. One of the reasons is that I usually overpack especially when I'm back from my homeland blaming myself for all the unnecessary stuff in my suitcase. 

That's why I've been trying to improve my packing skills and I've found some tips that might help you in your packing as well.




1. Start Packing Beforehand

I usually carry a suitcase, a carry-on, a backpack and a purse with me so it needs lots of planning. A few weeks before the travel I put all my luggage open in a visible area and start packing it slowly and mindfully. I have a visual memory so it helps me keep in mind what I already put and what still needs going.

2. Make a list of the essentials

There are everyday-use essential items that you have to put only on the day of the departure. Chargers, toothbrushes, makeup. Make the list of your essentials to cross out before closing your suitcase and keep that list for later references as well.

3. Carry matching outfits

Carry clothing that is easy to mix and match. Just imagine your total outfit starting from accessories to footwear for each day. Try to minimize your clothing by sticking to neutral colors. Add bright colors with accessories. Also keep in mind that dark colors are more preferable as they may hide stains.
Assign one outfit set for the travel day both for the departure and the arrival. This way you won't have to worry about what to wear.

4. Everything should have its place

Remember where each item goes. Everything should have a place. I put all my electronics in the backpack. The carry-on is kept for light first-hand essentials, snacks and souvenirs.  Try to group items like makeup, toiletries and accessories in small bags. Place your socks in shoes. Also have clear photos of your identity cards, tickets and insurances in case your wallet gets stollen or lost.


5. Pack smartly

Whenever possible, carry samples of perfumes, creams, makeup, toothpaste. Dress with a couple of layers. Wear what you can't fit. Wear the heaviest jacket, the heaviest shoes. In case you feel hot or cold, you can always use them as a cushion or a blanket.




Is packing a struggle for you as well?

Do you usually pack beforehand or keep it to the last minute?


I am linking up with 

Inspire Me Monday




12 comments:

  1. Great tips! I'm a gradual packer but I still end up doing last minute packing as well anyway. Wearing your heavy clothes is a must! X

    Https://www.femaleoriginal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing also stresses me out before a trip so I’ve started making a list beforehand and trying to keep the same color palette for outfits so I can minimize the shoes I need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to have EVERYTHING planned before we take a trip. I have lists for packing (there are 5 of us) and for days out with alternatives based on the weather. Thanks for linking up with #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with this whole list! Specially with the mix match outfits before I used to pack like 50 different outfits and only use so many, Now when I mix and match I am able to have MUCH more space in my suitcase & have extremely cute outfits without the stress of having 20 different tops and pants/skirts/shorts, Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good packing tips shared. I was looking for it. Looking forward for more latest posts.
    Birmingham park and ride
    Heathrow park and ride

    ReplyDelete