Sunday, March 15, 2020

7 Instagram Post Ideas (part 1)

I am an amateur photographer thus you can guess that Instagram is my favorite social media platform. One of the best ways to grow your Instagram community is by posting consistently (never forget about the stories).

Instagram is the only place where I have succeeded in being consistent and I try my best to post at least once daily. 

However, it's not always easy to get posting ideas for an introvert like me who doesn't usually go out much but I almost always manage to keep up with my commitment and stay active on Instagram.


7 Instagram Post Ideas

I am not a pro but I would like to share with my tips on how to create consistent, interesting and insightful content on Instagram all the time.

So, here are 7 Instagram Post Ideas for beginners or those who run out of ideas and get a writer's block.



1. Inspirational Quote




Choose a quote that can relate to you, to your current mood and can let you talk to your audience and share with your experience. 

Never underestimate the importance of captions. I used to think that Instagram is a visual space so no one cares to read your captions. But I was wrong. People are curious to know the story behind each picture and this leads to more engagement and connection.

2.  Flatlay photo



Flatlay photos are one of the gems of Instagram. Share with your favorite beauty, self-care, makeup products, your favorite collections, tools. 

Tell your audience where you got them, their price, why you love them and tag the brands hoping to get a collaboration offer from them:)

3.  Selfie



Instagram is the only place where you will be excused for posting selfies. Use selfie posts for introducing yourself to your new followers, share some little-known facts from your life that might interest them, let them guess which facts are true and which are wrong. 

Use the beautiful filters not to spend tons of time getting ready for a selfie:)

4. Weekly /Monthly Post



Have repetitive posts that you post regularly. I have a post at the beginning of each month saying "Hello...". In these posts, I usually talk about my monthly goals, achievements, hopes, and plans.

I also post whenever I reach a milestone to thank my followers and share with some Instagram tips or hacks or even host a giveaway.
You can have Coffee Mondays, Wordless Wednesdays, Follow Fridays, Social Saturdays. It depends on your niche(s).

5. Throwback



As your followers grow day by day it's a good idea to throw an old post back that you think should deserve another exposure. 
These may be seasonal posts that might interest your audience at the right moment. 
Revive your old posts with new graphics to pin on Pinterest, add some backlinks and then share with your audience.

6. Food



My Instagram insights show that one of my popular posts are food-related. Instagram just loves food. 

Did you try, cook or taste something new and beautiful? Don't touch it until you have taken a shot. 

Share with your favorite breakfast, lunch or dinner. 

Have an easy recipe? Post about it.  

When eating out, try to order something original, something you have never tasted, review the restaurant and the food and share your experience with your followers.

7. And finally, Signature Photo



What is your Instagram account known for? What does your bio say about you? Mine is definitely coffee, then photography and introversion. So at least once per week, I make it my duty to post a styled coffee photo, usually accompanied by a quote.




Instagram can be a hard platform to grow, there will be days you will feel like giving up unless you keep in mind the 3 P's for Success: Passion, Patience, Perseverance.
Do it with passion, don't expect overnight success, make mistakes but still keep improving.

Help or Inspire!


If you liked my post, feel free to like, comment or share it.

I'm linking up with



No comments:

Post a Comment