Wednesday, December 26, 2018

December 23 - My Favorite Holiday Traditions (part 2)

December 23 - Write a post about your favorite holiday traditions. If you don't have a favorite holiday tradition, create a new one this year.

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you have and the things you never want to lose. 





I love family traditions, especially Christmas ones.  
They create such a special bond among family members and leave precious memories. 

My Favorite Holiday Traditions

. The Advent Calendar

I introduced this tradition to my kids in the form of a chocolate bar only. But I am planning to also include a small toy in the coming year too. Besides, kids will get used to the fact that they will eat only 1 chocolate per day and that's a great idea.


. Christmas Carols


After the Christmas dinner we turn on the speaker, fetch our microphones and start singing Christmas Carols. We have a great time till the sleeping time arrives.


. Christmas Cookies

I have a special recipe of Christmas cookies that turn out really tasty. Once per year we grab our favorite cookie cutters and make Christmas cookies with holes in them. We then hang them up on the Christmas tree for a few days until they keep disappearing from our sight.


. Christmas Sweet Bread

This is a tradition I started last year. I made a round sweet bread and hid a coin inside. Then I cut the bread into as many pieces as there are family members. The one who gets the coin is throned as the luckiest family member for the whole year:)


Happiness Jar

This is a tradition I am gonna try for the coming year. I will start with an empty jar on January 1st. Each week I will write down a good thing/things that happened during that week (goals accomplished, surprise gifts, acts of kindness and gratitude, funny moments, memories worth saving)
On New Year's Eve I will open the jar and read about all the amazing things that happened in the previous year.



I just realized that I wrote another post about Favorite Holiday Memories and Traditions on December 4.

You can read it by clicking on My Favorite Holiday Traditions (part 1)

Do you have any favorite Holiday Traditions?

Would love to read about them in the comments box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment