Monday, January 14, 2019

January 12 - My 5 Favorite Blogging Tools

Day 12 - Write about your must-have blogging tools/apps/plugins – Don’t forget to include links if you are an affiliate.

No matter if you blog just for fun, for self-expression or you are thinking of monetizing your blog, you need to provide your readers and audience with some quality content. 

Consistency and quality content are one of the most essential keys to having a successful blog. The audience that is following you always comes back expecting the same type of quality content. 

Though I started blogging more than 5 years ago, it was only this summer that I started mastering some essential blogging tools and plugins necessary for a successful blog. While I still have a lot to read and discover in the blogging world, there are 5 must-have tools for me that can be very helpful for any beginner blogger.





5 blogging tools I use before I hit the publish button


1. Canva 





Canva is an amazing free application for designing anything from logos to any social media post.

It can be used both by non-designers and professionals. 
Its drag-and-drop format makes it super easy to edit already available photographs, graphics, and fonts. I mostly use it to design my post titles for Pinterest or any social media post.

2. Pixabay





Pixabay is a 100% free website with more than 1,5 million free photos, illustrations, vectors and videos shared by volunteer professional photographers and designers. 
I love Pixabay and all the images I post on my blog are downloaded from there.


3. Grammarly





Grammarly is the best online grammar and spelling checking software. It automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice and style mistakes in your writing. It's a must-have and time-saving tool for any blogger for it is a reliable way for ensuring that your grammar is nearly perfect.
You can install Grammarly's free browser extension from Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge.

 4. Google Dictionary 




You can install Google Dictionary as a free browser extension and all you have to do is to underline any word on the web and double click on it and voila, you have a pop up of the word's definition. I also use it to search for synonyms and collocations once I'm stuck while writing a blog post.

5. Tailwind




Tailwind is a marketing application created specifically for Pinterest and Instagram. It is a great tool for bloggers, online businesses and shops to schedule their posts both on Pinterest and Instagram. 
By downloading Tailwind's browser extension you can easily create multiple posts from any website with a single click. It allows you to save lots of time with multi-board pinning, hashtag links, plus you can automatically optimize your Instagram and Pinterest schedules to engage your audience at the right time.


Do you use any of the above-listed tools? Do you find them useful?
What are your must-have blogging tools, apps or plug-ins? 

Would love to read about them in the comment's box below.

This post was inspired by the January Mind, Body and Writing Challenge hosted by Linda Jean from Witte's World Blog.



10 comments:

  1. Wow! I use all these great resources too, except pixabay that is one I need to check out! Can a is a life saver for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixabay is very similar to Pexels as many bloggers use,they are all life savers:)

      Delete
  2. I love Canva and I can't wait to try Tailwind!! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Canva and I use Pixabay and Unsplash for all my blog pictures. I really haven't gotten my head around Tailwind though - it just seems like it's too fiddly and I just pin manually - maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tailwind is great when you want to use the same image in multiple board at different times.

      Delete
  4. I use all these! I couldn’t do what I do without them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canva and Pixabay have been very helpful for me. Now, I just need to jump on the Tailwind bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tailwind needs some skills, I used the free version and now am thinking of upgrading it

      Delete
  6. Grammarly website makes me believe I'm in primary school. It is like a Catholic School nun telling me that I’m wrong. The agency owner overheard me complaining in a meeting and turned me on to INK, I really enjoy how non invasive it is. The corrections are more helpful, also.

    ReplyDelete