Saturday, January 19, 2019

January 17 - The Best 5 Songs about Mothers

Day 17 - Create a playlist of songs that make you happy and motivate you.



Nowadays, when I live far from my family, songs about mothers always make me emotional and homesick as I only get to see my family once per year.

I often remember my childhood years when I hated to see my mom go to work and dreamed of her staying at home and taking care of us. 

My teenage years were a little rough as I used to feel a little jealous of my older siblings thinking that Mom focused more on them and ignored me (I was used to be the spoiled child). 

The adolescence years were even harder as we could hardly make both ends meet and Mom had to work long hours to pay for my University Tuition. Instead of appreciating that, I would sometimes rebel for the reason of being given very little pocket money. 




It is only after marriage and motherhood that I realized what it feels to be a mother. It is only now I appreciate all the devotions and sacrifices my mom made for our education and upbringing. 

And now I keep telling myself that I wish I could be like her, more patient, more understanding and more tolerant with my kids.


There are 5 Sentimental Songs about Mothers that I keep listening whenever I feel mentally and physically exhausted. Some of them are sad and may give you a good cry but all of them are very heartwarming and soul-lifting.

1. Lara Fabian - Mama Moya



2. Aretha Franklin - A Mother's Love



3- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me




4- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody



5- Charles Aznavour - La Mamma 





What is the best song about mothers that you run to once you miss your mother? Would love to add more songs to my list.


This post was inspired by the January Mind, Body and Writing Challenge hosted by Lana Jean from Witte's World Blog.


2 comments:

  1. I believe we all share that story, we never comprehend our mothers until we become one. I loved Celine Dion’s song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful list!!! Charles Aznavour's version is so emotional. Another favorite of mine is Luciano Pavarotti's Mamma. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNmT7UswM7E

    ReplyDelete