Monday, June 8, 2020

Introvert Interview


Introvert Interview Series

We live in an extroverted world where people are still unaware about Introversion and the 2 personality types. Introverts are often misunderstood and judged, therefore they often suffer from mental health, difficult relationships and job-related problems.


In order to raise Introversion Awareness and Inclusion, it's been a while I've been thinking of starting Introvert Interview Series featuring one of my fellow bloggers or anyone who is ready to write about Introversion and the journey on the discovery of their personality type.


introverts
The First Interview will be done with myself thus telling
you a little bit of my story.


1. When did you find out you were an introvert?

I don't remember exactly when it was but I guess it has 
been around 5 years. Once I started blogging I came across 
some articles about introverts and extroverts and it struck 
me to find out that nothing was wrong with me in reality
and that there were people with the same feelings and 
thinking.

2. Which period of your life did you most suffer from 
introversion thinking that something was wrong with you?

During the school years it was easier as I had close friends
and felt comfortable with them. However, I used to avoid 
big gatherings with unknown people.
At University it was way more difficult, the fact of being
excluded from the "fun and cool group" would hurt me until
I found my few soul friends. I still stayed away from big 
groups as they made me self-conscious and nervous.


3. Do the people around you know about your personality 
type and respect that?

It depends. I don't talk about Introversion with relatives 
and acquaintances. My close friends don't need much
explanation. Even if they haven't heard about Introversion, 
they know my character.
There have been times when I have cried over a nasty 
remark, there have been times when I have stood for 
myself by asking to just respect me and my differences.
Blogging is another platform where I talk and raise
Introversion Awareness.


4. How do you get along with extroverts at home,
 work or in a relationship?

I have always had friends from different backgrounds and
personalities. I don't find it hard to empathise and accept 
people's differences and individualities.
I hate conflicts and try to live in peace with people. 
All I expect is empathy and personal space. But when 
something is being forced on me, that usually pushes me 
back or makes me rebel sooner or later.


5. How do people usually characterize you or call you out?

All of my friends confess that I looked very arrogant and
anti-social at first sight😬
I have been called cold-hearted, frigid, unemotional on 
the face by close people, not sure what they say behind 
my back😅


6. Are you satified with your current job? If not, what does
 your dream job look like?

I love my profession (teaching) but my job drains my 
energy and spikes my anxiety. Sometimes I have to take 
pills to keep sane. I also dislike fixed working hours.
I would love to work from home as it lets me be mentally 
at ease and relaxed which boosts my creativity and keeps
me inspired. I would love to have an online store as a 
side hustle and keep on blogging, travelling and taking 
photos.


7. What are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

Oh, I have so many of them and probably I am also guilty
of constantly changing them. I love drawing, currently I 
am learning digital art, planning to learn some lettering.
Photography, knitting, baking, anything that lets me stay
creative.

8. What do you hate doing that sometimes you have to do?

I must confess, I hate attending kids birthdays and any
big gatherings with lots of small talk. I don't like active
weekends especially when I am going to work the 
following day. It just increases my anxiety. 
I need a cool and relaxing weekend after and before a
working week. 


9. What would you like people to know more about you 
and Introversion?

"Don't take it personal, it's not about you, it's about me".

"I am not responsible for words I have never said".

"Don't push me, give me enough time and space to be myself,
 open up and bloom".

Introvert Quotes

10. If you have written or found any Introvert-related posts,
 please share.

Are you an Introvert? Answer 10 questions to find 
out

Introverts : 10 Signs to Understand and Accept
Introverts

Introvert Quotes


If you are an introvert (blogger) and you would like to be 
featured on my blog by answering 10 Questions about your
Introversion Discovery Journey please contact me so we 
can discuss all the details.


Download the Introvert Interview PDF Introvert Interview 
below




If you love this article, pin it for later 


6 comments:

  1. Very interesting. As a introvert myself, I found this very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are doing this.I think it is something so many people are unaware of, or don't understand how painful it can be.I think the honesty in this interview is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating, hope more and more people will learn about Introverts and will start showing them respect.

      Delete
  3. Awesome idea! I will definitely do this sometime soon! Introversion is so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love you to answer my questions, Linda!

      Delete